We started out crowdsourcing winter-based disruption from members of the public, transportation businesses and local government with the occasional weather update and guides on how to stay safe and well during the coldest months of the year. This proved handy during the 2008, 2009 and 2010 cold spells where we saw our busiest period to date.
As our experience and knowledge developed over the years we were able to become more than a aggregator for other outlets.
From 2011 we started to focus more on meteorological updates which saw the creation of our advisories and many other graphics we now use to help convey the weather story. We try and keep our weather updates simplistic, realistic and reliable.
Moreover, we continue to work on this website when time allows. Below you can find some of the things coming in the next 12-18 months, the team and our contributors, and some reviews.
- Snow Watch give an up to date, accurate picture of the situation without the need for sacremongering.Susan WrightFollowing since 2013
- I personally keep a close eye on the useful information you provide and I am very greatful for the excellent service you offer.Ian BarrettVolunteer Rescue Officer HM Coastguard
- Your testimonial hereYour NameJob Title Company
Money will be used for
01. Coffee to fuel late nights and early mornings, often consecutively.
02. Access to model data and the continuing effort to build more features into our website. And covering web hosting costs.
03. Paying staff and contributors leading to better content for you.